Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Philly Fun

Yo Everyone,

I'm about to hit the hay after one of the most exhausting, yet important days of my life. Yes, yes, folks the day hath come when I departed the great land of Connecticut for....Philadelphia PA.

I know I hyped up my departure date a lot, but the truth is I had to come to Philly first to get all the rest of my immunizations, chat about Peace Corps expecations, and, of course, meet the other Peace Corps volunteers.  Everyone seems totally rad and for the first time in awhile I'm the only one from Connecticut.  I'm surprised by the number of folks from the south and out west.

I think we are all in the same boat: the one that is super ready to un-cleat and sail off, but feels like it's going to sink at the same time...okay, that's weird, and I'm clearly loopy.  What I'm trying to say in my absurd state of fatigue is, we are all fatigued, but so ready for Cameroon.  In fact, I don't even know how I'm awake right now.  I should be getting some zzzz's, especially because for the past few nights I've been really anxious aka sleep talking wayyy too much.

I am really excited to get going, though.  There's a lot to be done and I'm going to take on this opportunity from the horns and shake it around!!  (thank you, Lizaroo for the analogy)

Mucho Love,
MEg

ps-I ate the cheesiest cheese steak ever today since I'm going to have to part with my favorite food group in T-10 hours. It was a delicious treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment